Here at Swift Management have worked in both NHS and private healthcare settings as clinicians, management and senior board level executives
Care Home Consultant
Our consultants have many years’ experience in the care home sector, having worked in almost all of the roles. We recognise that operating a registered care service in the UK is challenging and every organisation needs assistance from time to time to address the complexities of providing a regulated service. We are fully conversant with the requirements of CQC, CIW & CIS and achieving full compliance with regulated services.
WE CAN ASSIST WITH:
WE CAN ASSIST WITH:
- Strategic review of your care service, from securing bank funding, to developing new services, we have the necessary experience to help you achieve your goals.
- Crisis Management at both board and individual service level, assisting you to resolve situations and more importantly put into place strategies to prevent future reoccurrences.
- Care and Compliance reviews and/or ongoing support to develop your staff and systems to provide the vital evidence that regulators are looking for.
- Advice on staff compliment and recruitment. As services and clients change, it is important that you review your staff compliment, to ensure that you are delivering on expectations. With the prolonged shortage of registered nurses, many providers are considering how they can maintain their service. We can support you by providing the opportunity to review your existing team skills and ensure that they are deployed in the most effective way.
- Coaching and mentorship
- Quality systems and bespoke policy documents and reviews. Keeping abreast of the various changes in regulatory requirements means that your documentation and systems also have to reflect current practice. Our team is able to provide a complete suite of policy documents, as well as bespoke policies and procedures, rather than trying to make one size all fit approach work.
- Liaison with Local Authorities and Regulators can be a minefield. Let us help you negotiate your way through discussions about fees, commissioning arrangements, referrals, and complaints management. We have extensive experience in securing fee reviews, contracted beds, and complaints resolution. We are adept at working with regulators to achieve registration of new services, or variations to existing categories of care to enable your service to meet the local requirements of your market place.
- Long term outsourced management for companies and services. We can provide both long and short-term management support for your service or company and have consultants available with experience in General Management, Surgery, Intensive Care, Administration, Catering, Quality Systems, Audit, Service Design, Tendering, Care Plan review.
- Liaison with local authorities, regulators, to support the resolving issues.
Care Home Support
Care Home support can mean different things to different people. The team at Swift Management can offer support in the management of all care services, from providing interim staff which are required manage the service to supporting and developing existing staff to grow.
We have consultants experienced in managing care homes who are adept at advising on change programmes. We will work with a provider to achieve what they need to achieve.
We can offer support with:
- Nursing and Care Management
- Administration – Financial and Non-Financial
- General Management advice support and mentorship
- Fee Reviews
- Attendance at Meetings to represent or support managers or providers
- Assist in the budget setting process
- Advise on implementation of computer systems.
- Provide Training in Clinical and non-clinical aspects of Care Home Management
- Undertake Care Reviews
- Mock Inspections
- Interim Management
- New Service Design
- Strategic Reviews
- Complaint resolution
- Risk Management
The phrase care home support encompasses many of the services we offer. We can put them into a package which means costs can be controlled and the services tailored to your needs. Every project is overseen by a senior member of our consultancy team and a specific consultant is assigned who are best able to achieve our client’s goals.
Many of our clients take advantage of our retained consultant services and build on this basic package. This means that the consultant you work with already understands your operation and is aware of the issues and is quickly able to assist.
Care Home Support Team
The care home support team is led by Christopher Stringer who has over 20 years’ experience in the care home sector. His skills as a nurse and as a finance director and chief operating officer, makes him the ideal person to manage any support project.
Where complex regulatory issues are encountered Robert York manages the assignment, as he has significant regulatory experience from Hospitals to Care Homes and can navigate the complexities of regulation within the industry.
Both work with a team of consultants, some are associates and others directly appointed by Swift Management. This extensive team means we have consultants able to work across the three care regulators in England, Scotland, and Wales.
The aim of the team is to provide rapid and consistent support to a care home whatever their specific needs are.
All our consultants have gone through a robust recruitment process and have fully transferable DBS checks at an enhanced level, for both adults and children, which means whatever the service you need support with, our consultants have been fully tested.
Care Home Consultant Midlands
Due to the volume of work we have seen in the Midlands we have appointed a member of our team, who specifically overseas this client group. This has proved invaluable to the service we provide. Sharon Payne joined the team almost 2 years ago as a staff member.
Sharon has 30 year plus experience within the Social Care Sector, having held many roles and has a reputation for successfully leading rapid turnaround projects, which have seen significant improvements in regulatory ratings. Where necessary, Sharon is supported by associate consultants to achieve our client’s goals.
All our services are based on pre agreed action plans, which are formulated by our clients and our senior consultants at the commencement of any project. This means there are clear measurable goals to be achieved in a pre-agreed timeframe.